'

23.1.07

Spirituality and Religion

I met a friend in a street out there while I was having lunch. I invited her for a lunch chat since we were both anxious to catch up on the past. We had not met for nearly 5 years. I remember we used to meet at a social networking event organized by a neighborhood committee. She used to stay 3 units down the road from my house and she told me she had since shifted to another town in a rush and did not really bid farewell to neighbors although she was so apologetic for not informing me about the shift.

From the chat, she knows I believe in spirituality due to Maria Duval and she asked me how did religion play a part in my belief?

As I read a lot about this topic, I answered to her based on my understanding that religious beliefs are often results of own cultural upbringing. Many religious beliefs are inherited from the family, from one generation or clans to the next. Or through learning in a institutional environment or simply through contact with the people and society. On the contrary, spiritual beliefs are most often based on personal experience. Just take Maria Duval as an example, it is based on my personal experience.

I am normally not a very a long-winded person therefore I just told her briefly. What I had said here is after bouts of careful thought about this question and it is to the very best of my knowledge.

We exchanged contacts afterwards and we promised to catch up online through MSN. :P It was indeed a nice time talking to an old lost friend.


Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: